Work Permit


Work permits are for students under the age of 18 years old. In order to work students must maintain a 2.0 or above GPA and have good attendance. Students who do not meet this requirement will be put on a Work Permit Probationary Contract giving them a chance to raise their grades and improve their attendance record by an agreed date. If students cannot meet this requirement, their work permit may be pulled and their employer informed they are not able to work until they meet the requirements. 

Obtaining a Work Permit (CDE B1-1 form): 


1. Go to the Counseling Office to get a CDE B1-1 form or print an application for a Work permit: Form CDE B1-1 (Fillable). 


2. The application must be complete, including your parent/guardian and employer signature and date. It is necessary to include the social security number. 


3. Turn in completed CDE B1-1 form to Ms. Yesenia Canizalez or Ms. Michelle Sphonix-Rust in the counseling office.


4. The CDE B1-1 form will be submitted to the CTE Office to be reviewed and approved. Please allow 2-4 days for the processing of the Work Permit.  Please check back in the counseling office after two days to see if your Work Permit has been processed. 


5.  Once your Work Permit has been approved by the CTE Office, you will sign the official Work Permit and you are responsible for giving it to your employer. 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.